Is your child struggling in school?
Dr. Maria-Elena Kitchell will provide valuable information and help you and your child better understand their learning difference and educational needs.
For the child:
- Counsel your child about his/her learning strengths and explain their learning differences.
- Teach your child how to become his/her own advocate in the educational setting.
- Counsel your child on how to deal with peer pressure.
- Provide your child with tools and learning strategies to enhance their learning style.
For the parent:
- Teach you about your child’s learning differences and educational needs.
- Provide information about effective teaching and research – based educational practices.
- Help you learn about tests, how tests measure educational progress, and how to interpret tests results.
- Assist you in designing goals and time frames.
- Evaluate your child’s progress toward IEP goals and objectives.
- Make recommendations about your child’s educational program.